ashthomas//blog: Merry Christmas 2004

ashthomas//blog

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas 2004

I hope everybody out there is havng a nice Christmas. It is a lovely 26 degree day here in Adelaide (that's about 80 degrees for you Fahrenheit users). We began our day with a breakfast of beignets, the mix for which Rebecca and I had brought back from Cafe du Monde in New Orleans. That was followed by our traditional gift-giving ceremony, which was a very difficult time for everyone since this is the first Christmas since Dad passed away. On the 27th of December, it will be the first anniversary.

I received a lot of wonderful gifts, mostly in DVD form: from my beautiful wife I got the first season of Curb Your Enthusiasm and the fourth season of The Sopranos; from my brother who lives in Melbourne and his girlfriend I got the second season and the third season of Buffy The Vampire Slayer; from my youngest brother I got the Lord Of The Rings: The Return of the King Extended Edition, and Seinfeld season three; from my mother I got Seinfeld seasons one and two, and a gift certificate for Borders; and from my uncle I got some money that I think I will put towards The Sopranos season five, Curb Your Enthusiasm season two and some books I have been wanting to get, like Philip Roth's The Plot Against America and Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay.

Once again, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and hope you keep safe over the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home